We are a pet friendly park here at Bright Pine Valley.
Have you thought about going on a road trip but haven’t because of your precious pooch…well, don’t let this hold you back because many parks, like us, are dog friendly, which means you can jump in your van and bring your 4-legged friend along.
Here are some helpful tips when camping with your furry friend.
1) Call ahead and make sure the caravan park you’re booking into allows dogs. Find out what their rules are about having the dog onsite, that way you can be prepared and know what to expect.
2) Have a plan - for when you go out. Don’t leave the dog tied up outside for hours, especially if it is inclined to bark. This is not fair on others.
3) Be aware of those around you - don’t just let the dog off the lead, as there will be some children that are afraid of dogs and maybe some dogs that don’t socialise well with others.
4) Visit the vet before you leave and make sure all their vaccinations are up to date.
5) Remember to pack their favourite treats and toys. Your pet is in a strange environment, so having some familiar things will help.
6) Make your caravan feel at home for your fur baby by bringing the bedding they use at home. If it’s winter, have some heat packs on hand to help keep them warm.
7) Consider using a tracking device, make sure you phone number is on their tag, they are micro-chipped, or you have a small GPS tag attached to their collar. Because your dog will be in a strange place and not in your secure back yard they may get the chance to wander. Hopefully this isn’t the case however, doing this means you’ve got an excellent chance of finding them quickly if this happens.
So don’t let your four-legged friend hold you back.
You may just find that bringing them along makes your stay even more enjoyable. Plus you’re not worrying about how they are faring at home without you.
We are pet friendly here at Bright Pine Valley, so we hope to see you and your pooch soon!
The Team at Bright Pine Valley